The services of the laboratory unit Chemical Testing, accredited according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005, include the determiniation of formaldehyde emission and formaldehyde content including surveillance and certification tests in accordance with European and international standards. The competence of our test laboratory in this field is based on the services of our CARB/IKEA Certification Body. Moreover, the scope of services includes the testing and evaluation of emissions of volatile organic compounds (VOC) from construction and other products, of the VOC content, of heavy metals and preserving agents in fluids. The scope of tasks is rounded off by test methods to characterise bonding agents and glues, to determine organic and inorganic wood preservatives and selected contaminants. Most varied products, such as solid wood and wood-based materials, decor foils, flooring material (AgBB Scheme), furniture, upholstered furniture and mattresses but also lacquers, varnishes, dispersion paints and bonding agents. Contaminants can be determined, such as plasticisers, PAH, ammonia and also odours.
- Determination of formaldehyde emission, acc. to international standards (EN, ISO, ASTM, JIS), from wood-based materials and relevant products
- Formaldehyde content of wood-based materials, paints and lacquers, paper and other relevant products
- Emission behaviour of products under deviating climatic conditions
- Measurements of indoor spaces, museum display cases and the like
+49 351 4662 247send E-Mail
Determination of volatile organic compounds (VVOC, VOC and SVOC)
Emission testing in test chambers acc. to ISO 16000-3/6/9/28
- VOC/SVOC emissions
- Ammonia and further VVOCs (LVHH, aldehydes)
- Formic and acetic acid
- Determination of odour emissions (intensity, hedonics, acceptance)
- VOC in lacquers and paints
Tests for the marks Blue Angel, GEV, DGM, M1 (Nordic Swan), AgBB, French and Belgian VOC regulations.
Monitoring within the frame of DIBt approvals.
+49 351 4662 340
+49 172 2019 874send E-Mail
Determination of ingredients contained in products
- Plasticisers in products
- Contaminants, such as PAH, organic flame retardants, isothiazolinones (MIT, BIT, CIT) and other preserving agents
- Heavy-metal content in lacquers and paints
- Heavy- metal content migration acc. to EN 71-3
Characterisation of bonding agents and glue analytics
- Glue content and distribution by way of elemental analysis
- Molar mass distribution by SEC/GPC
- Molar ratio in liquid glues
- Melamine content, free and bonded formaldehyde in liquid glues
- Rheological behaviour, viscosity
Dr. rer. nat.
+49 351 4662 274send E-Mail
Analysis of wood preservatives
- Contents of active organic and inorganic wood-preserving substances contained in material
- Ambient air measurements and emissions from active substances
- Flame retardants
Dr. rer. nat.
+49 351 4662 249send E-Mail